[Security]

20 Oct

We live in a world filled with challenges that many times threaten our lives, families and possession. And this stress has created many problems in life and it also affects our perspective towards life.

Kelvin and I just moved into our new home in Malaysia and we felt so very unsecured living here. Despite having risk of typhoon attack and earthquake of any sorts, we live in fear of burglary and fatal robbery. Things become so scary until we have to install CCTVs  around our house (inside & outside), fit an iron gate at the staircase (and lock it whenever we are in the room or out of the house), created a panic button and sleep with the monitor (of the cameras) on all night. It is not funny that we are having this intense fear in us and a continual burden that makes us so weary.

Our world is filled with too many disturbances and disasters. If we always trap ourselves in these worries, what we got is a weary mind and our energy are all drained up! We therefore refrain ourselves to anything in life, such as going out, travelling, going on an adventures, starting up new projects or taking any risk at all… And what happen to the pursuit of dreams and happiness??

Then this passage fits perfectly into my life:

1 The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,3 he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. 4 Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,  and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Then I realize, we shall not (and cannot) find security anywhere but with God. So stop worrying and start living!! Worrying is totally unproductive and is truly pointless. When we place trust in God, we can rest without disturbances and this blessings to us will then continue to be blessings to other.

We cannot control the whole world. Things happen that are truly outside our circle of influence, and so we need to accept that sometimes things just happen as they will. This is part of life, so my friend, trust in God, stop worrying and start living!!

About these ads

11 Responses to “[Security]”

1. Sunshine October 21, 2011 at 7:51 am #

We all need to reminded often because like little children I think we take so much for granted and forget about the ONE who always has our back. Thanks Eryn!

2. Sunshine October 21, 2011 at 7:51 am #

• Eryn Wong October 21, 2011 at 2:22 pm #

Thanks for the comment! Wherever you are, may peace and joy follow you :)

3. Sunshine October 21, 2011 at 7:54 am #

Huh? Don’t know why my last comment posted twice….oh, so sorry :(

4. Sher October 21, 2011 at 11:42 am #

its always my fav verse. psalm 23:1 “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.”

taken from today’s dailybread:

God’s hand that holds the ocean’s depths
    Can hold my small affairs;
    His hand that guides the universe,
    Can carry all my cares. —Anon.

so let’s start enjoying life~

• Eryn Wong October 21, 2011 at 2:24 pm #

It might be difficult to really let go of worries and the dependency on our own judgement, but small start is better than no start!! It’s a realization that comes to me recently :)

5. lesleycarter October 28, 2011 at 2:42 pm #

Beautiful insight at the end of your post. :)

• Eryn Wong October 28, 2011 at 2:56 pm #

Thank you!! Your adventure stories are truly inspiring… It makes me wanna go out and see the world myself~

6. Candice February 2, 2012 at 12:06 pm #

One must always be aware of their emotional and physical well being, however, fear should never keep you from enjoying life’s journey. It’s about facing the fear, validating it and then walking around the wall.

It sounds as if you’re doing exactly the right thing! All beautiful things to you and your husband in your new home!

• Eryn Wong February 2, 2012 at 1:29 pm #

Thanks for the encouragement! It had been bothering me for quite some time… But I am feeling great now :)

Trackbacks/Pingbacks