OMG! Eryn throws a party and no one shows up!!

19 Dec

To be honest, I hate hosting party. I hate it when I made so much effort to organize a party and nobody even bother to response to my invitation :(

Then I started all the “Nobody loves me” kinda thoughts. Then I wipe my tears and start to message and call everyone, “Hi! Are you coming to my party this Saturday?” (In a cheerful happy tone).

Most of the time the response will be:

“Oh, who is on your guest list?”

“Erm… I am not sure…”

“Ok, but I’ll drop by after A’s party and I can’t stay long cos’ I need to rush to B’s party.”

“Is C going? I will go only if she goes.”

“Do I need to RSVP?? I eat very little…”

“Well, it depends. I can’t tell you now. But just don’t count me in first ok?”

And sometimes people said they will come but never show up. And when you call them, they tell you they forgot or their boyfriend/girlfriend just decided to take them out for dinner and they are not coming… It sucks right?

(You may think it’s funny, but it really happened to me before!!)

However, this year, I have got a list full of nice and lovely people who response promptly and kind enough to offer help on getting stuffs and preparing food (I still can’t believe it!).

Then I thought to myself, probably all the hassles are there to bring out the joy! (No pain no gain right?!) *Big Smile* Planning on the decoration is particularly fun for me. Like this candy tray:

Photo Corner:

Gift Tags:

Table setups and other stuffs

Then on the program: magic show, songs, games, presents…

Self-painted frozen toes:

Christmas to me is always magical, dreamy and somehow romantic… And I believe Christmas is the time of the year, to relax, to holiday and to spend quality time with family and friends! And having so many people around to celebrate together makes this day even more merrier, lovable and memorable…

Click on the picture to see the animated image!!!

Considering the joy and all the fun:

BABY, let’s do it again!!

About these ads

10 Responses to “OMG! Eryn throws a party and no one shows up!!”

1. Vivian Loh December 19, 2011 at 3:36 pm #

Tks Kelvin n Eryn! Its a wonderful party! The yummy food n d games n fellowship…… tks n God bless!

• Eryn Wong December 19, 2011 at 11:57 pm #

You love the “Bloop” game too right :) Thanks for coming and celebrate with us!!

2. Sunshine December 19, 2011 at 10:53 pm #

Love your party and your family/friend group photo! Haha . . . especially the young fella in the front row having a scream moment! ;)

3. william December 20, 2011 at 1:34 pm #

Hi Eryn, Im sure those who were there at the party enjoyed it very much. I would have more energy if I did not just drive back fr KL that evening. I brought my nephew to Midvalley for edu fair on Sat :) Super right in and out of kl same day! ha ha. Next time must invite me again.

4. Sher December 27, 2011 at 11:33 pm #

would really love to join your party.. knowing that you had put in so much effort to prepare it. but just too bad that had my trip planned earlier.

looking forward to your next invite. keeping finger cross that it won’t clashes with anything again!

5. Mike10613 December 28, 2011 at 9:35 pm #

Hi Eryn,

Good photographs. I had guests last night, all mine showed up. lol. I stir fried the left overs for lunch, earlier. My friend in China is trying to view your blog but it’s loading very slowly. She hopes to study in England in 2012. You look like the socialite in the last photo!

6. Myth January 6, 2012 at 9:15 pm #

Like like like ;) Good writing , good pics :)

Cranky me ^_^