“Mum, do you think it’s okay to wear so many dresses?”
I probably had too many dresses. In fact, I have never known anyone who wear as many dresses for wedding as I do. I have seven of them. The long one, the short one; the white one, the red one; the tailored and the borrowed… When it comes to my wedding day, Eryn the bride wants it all! Because I love them all so much and it’s so hard to decide!
I carefully planned it out and wear them in such sequence.
1) Knee-length Ivory Tea Gown: Crytals Earrings: White Ribbon Hair Band: 3 Inch Ivory Peep Toe Shoes with Pearls.
2) White Floor Length Halterneck Dress: Crystal Earrings: Pink Rose Hair Clip: White High Heels Sandals with Ankle Straps.
3) Tailored Wedding Gown made of Chiffon/Taffetta, Trimmed in Layers of Fine French Lace and Embellished with Crystals and Pearls: Handmade Lacey Crystal Headpiece: White Gloves: Pear-shaped Diamond Earrings: White Peep Toe Pumps with Crystals.
4) Tailored Made Knee Length Chinese Cheongsam in Shanghainese Style: Handmade Lacey Crystal Headpiece: Gold Bangles: Pear-shaped Diamond Earrings: White Peep Toe Pumps with Crystals.
5) Designer Cheongsam Evening Dress with Gold Peony on the back: Big Red Flower Headpiece: Pear-shaped Diamond Earrings: Beige Open-toed Shoes with Gold Ribbon at the back.
6) My mum’s dress: Big Red Flower Headpiece: Pear-shaped Diamond Earrings: Gold Dancing Shoes.
7) Glittering Gold Evening Gown: Big Red Flower Headpiece: Swarovski Diamante Necklace: Pear-shaped Diamond Earrings: Beige Open-toed Shoes with Gold Ribbon at the back.
Of course it wasn’t done over a weekend or a few days. It involved a lot of research, discussions, endless trials in 3 different cities, fitting and fitting again, procurement of jewelleries, matching shoes and tailored head pieces… Then meetings with stylists, make-up artists, event coordinator and bridemaids… It may sound overwhelming, but this is the part of the wedding that I truly enjoy🙂 Although there are still many many dresses that I really wanted to wear on my wedding, but I am glad that I have chosen these 7 pieces.
My mum looked at me and all my dresses and said, “I would love to see you in all these beautiful dresses. And I believe everyone else will.”🙂
(P.S. I changed really fast!)