Grey Day [Sick At Home]

13 Sep

I become a bit emotional after being sick for nearly a week. Yes, for a straight 7 days, I was taking medicine and lie on bed and sleep, with millions of broken dreams. Sometimes it’s so real and when I woke up, I forgot where I was… I forgot what time is it… day? dawn? night? or evening? This viral infection is really sucking the energy out of me and made me a little “frustrated”? I don’t know… just emo I think, for missing out so many activities, works, emails and basically, life…

So today when I woke up at 5:45a.m., coughing and having really dried nose, I have decided not to take medicine anymore… The real power heals from within, not through these “drugs”, I told miself.

So when the sun shines through the window of my writing table, I sit up and decided to write something. I poured myself a cup of coffee and switched on my computer and start writing this blog post. I have missed 5 days of works, cell groups, fun trip to Ipoh, a wedding banquet and I even missed Sunday church service 😦 I turned to my husband and said to him:

“Darling, I have decided to stop the medicine and get well today.”

I know it sounds so cliché, but HEALTH IS YOUR GREATEST WEALTH! Be thankful for you are healthy and to those who are sick like me, don’t worry, we all gonna get well today!

XOXO Eryn

Advertisements

15 Responses to “Grey Day [Sick At Home]”

1. everydayisarunway September 13, 2012 at 3:30 am #

you guys are so adorable!
    xx

• Eryn Wong September 13, 2012 at 7:26 pm #

Thank you! Were you at the NYFW?

• everydayisarunway September 13, 2012 at 8:49 pm #

no i wasn’t unfortunately, i’m still in college so that kinda makes it impossible 😦

• Eryn Wong September 14, 2012 at 1:16 am #

That’s alright! I can see you work very hard and I’m sure you’ll make it there!! XOXO

• everydayisarunway September 14, 2012 at 1:47 am #

thanks 🙂 that means a lot to me. well have to go out for lunch or a coffee!
        xx

2. ingridbistaco September 13, 2012 at 3:54 am #

hope you get better!
    xoxo

Im following your blog now! 🙂

3. Lee Castillio September 13, 2012 at 5:06 am #

I’m really sorry to hear you’re sick! 😦 I know what you are talking about though. I caught pneumonia last December and was sick from Dec 8 ’til Jan 10. Over a month! And I missed all the holidays and stuff like that… I was so sick! 😦 But Eryn, I really wish you get well soon!

• Eryn Wong September 13, 2012 at 7:30 pm #

🙂 Thank you for your words of encouragement… I am feeling better already 😀 XOXO

4. Stephanie September 13, 2012 at 9:37 am #

Oh no! Hope you feel better!!!

5. ggoldwyn September 14, 2012 at 6:29 pm #

That sounds like a really bad week. But you look great on the pictures and I admire your approach to things. Feel better!
    xo, J.

6. Sunshine September 14, 2012 at 10:27 pm #

Get well soon and I agree with you…I run away from all prescription or over-the-counter medicines and allow the body to heal naturally. It does mean drinking a lot of water, tea (bleh) and sleeping (yay!)
    Take care and hope you get back on your feet soon!

• Eryn Wong September 14, 2012 at 11:26 pm #

Thank you! I am feeling better already! Law of attraction works! Kekeke…